Patients must be referred to the program via their family doctor or nurse practitioner (PCP).
- Rapid low back assessment (<4 weeks)
- Education/self-management plans
- Recommendations on diagnostics and specialist referral
- Access to some expedited referrals where appropriate
- Must be referred by an onboarded PCP
This program is for patients that have low back pain and/or radiating nerve pain in the legs that is not improving from 6 weeks to 12 months from onset
Patients with unmanageable recurrent episodic lower back pain and/or related symptoms of less than 12 months duration post-recurrence.
Patients not appropriate for the program include
- Initial low back related symptoms <6 weeks post onset
- Constant/persistent LBP-related symptoms >12 months post onset
- <18 years of age
- Unmanaged established chronic multisite pain disorder
- Unmanaged established narcotic dependency
- Active low back pain-related WSIB claim
- Active low back pain-related motor vehicle accident claim
- Active low back pain-related legal claim
- Pregnant/post-partum patients (<1 year)
For more information, contact PhysioNorth firstname.lastname@example.org or ask your PCP for a referral.